I started teaching with Yadkin County Schools in January of 2007. I am a National Board certified teacher with licenses in the areas of Social Studies, Math, and Special Education. I received a Master's Degree in Special Education in May of 2012. This is my first year teaching Social Studies. I am excited about the possibilities and promise of this school year. The well rounded perspective our students gain through Social Studies will help them more intentionally and effectively navigate the world and develop their sense of citizenship. I am honored to be a part of the growth of each and every student at Starmount Middle.
Be on time and prepared.
Give 100% effort.
No cell phones or chewing gum.
Respect yourself, others, and property.
Be positive about your academic career.
First Quarter Standards for 8th Grade
Students will be able to meet the following goals at the completion of the first marking period:
- Students will be able to read, interpret and create maps, charts and graphs.
- Students will be able to describe key geographic features of our state and country.
- Students will be able to explain examples of how our geography has shaped our history.
- Students will be able to explain reasons for the colonization of the 13 original colonies.
- Students will be able to explain settlement patterns of colonial North Carolina.
- Students will be able to define and explain basic economic terms such as income, savings and checking accounts and investing.
Below is a link to the Essential Standards for 8th Grade Social Studies
Below you will find links to the the 7th Grade pacing guides for each quarter that describe what topics and standards will be covered in class.