The following applies to the grading process in all middle school courses with the exception of Math I:
- Students will receive a Pass “PC19” or Withdrawal “WC19” for the final course grades for all middle school courses.
- A student’s grade will be held harmless for learning after March 13th.
- PC19 will be assigned to any student who was meeting expectations and passing the course as of March 13 or who worked to improve to the point of passing after March 13 through remote learning.
- WC19 will be assigned to any student who was not passing the course as of March 13 and who was unable to improve to the point of passing the course through remote learning opportunities.
- A middle school course grade of WC19 does not equate to a failing course grade nor does it indicate that grade retention should occur or that the course must be repeated. The grade WC19 simply indicates a lack of evidence of mastery of standards addressed in the particular content area.
Instead of a final grade, teachers will provide year-end feedback for students and families regarding learning from the full academic school year.