Starmount Middle School will empower each student to achieve personal success academically, socially, and emotionally through the collaborative efforts of all stakeholders.
We are committed to building a culture of high expectations where each person is individually and collectively responsible for enabling academic, social, and emotional growth in an ever changing world. An atmosphere of mutual respect will support students as they actively discover the tools and resources necessary to be successful.
Starmount Middle School strives to enable all students to become RAMS by expecting all students to demonstrate core behaviors. Becoming “RAMS” means that students exhibit:
RESPECT & RESPONSIBILITY
* Demonstrate respect and a sense of responsibility towards others and oneself
* Maintain clear expectations of personal and interpersonal and accountability
* Value the participation of all community members
ACHIEVEMENT & ATTITUDE
* An attitude of academic achievement and success
* Take responsibility for learning
* Understand the link between effort and achievement
* Everyone can learn
MATURITY & MOTIVATION
* Cooperate with others to reach common goals
* Building and maintaining positive relationships
* Recognize and embrace personal strengths and growth opportunities
SAFETY & SECURITY
* Inform a trusted adult of serious violations of school rules
* Understand that rules and expectations are for the common good
* Be aware and mindful of all rules and expectations
Mrs. Moran, our Technology Facilitator, has put together an excellent resource that will help parents make informed decisions about technology. This helpful guide also contains a glossary and troubleshooting information.